Now showing items 1-6 of 6
The Dynamics and Distribution of Angular Momentum in HiZELS Star-Forming Galaxies at z = 0.8 - 3.3
We present adaptive optics assisted integral field spectroscopy of 34 star-forming galaxies at z = 0.8-3.3 selected from the HiZELS narrow-band survey. We measure the kinematics of the ionized interstellar medium on ∼1 kpc ...
The Herschel-ATLAS Data Release 2, Paper I. Submillimeter and Far-infrared Images of the South and North Galactic Poles : The Largest Herschel Survey of the Extragalactic Sky
We present the largest submillimeter images that have been made of the extragalactic sky. The Herschel Astrophysical Terahertz Large Area Survey (H-ATLAS) is a survey of 660 deg$^2$ with the PACS and SPIRE cameras in five ...
H-ATLAS/GAMA : Quantifying the morphological evolution of the galaxy population using cosmic calorimetry
Using results from the Herschel Astrophysical Terrahertz Large-Area Survey and the Galaxy and Mass Assembly project, we show that, for galaxy masses above approximately 1.0e8 solar masses, 51% of the stellar mass-density ...
The infrared properties of sources matched in the WISE all-sky and Herschel ATLAS surveys
We describe the infrared properties of sources detected over similar to 36 deg(2) of sky in the GAMA 15 hr equatorial field, using data from both the Herschel Astrophysical Terahertz Large-Area Survey (H-ATLAS) and Wide-field ...
BLAST : the far-infrared/radio correlation in distant galaxies
We investigate the correlation between far-infrared (FIR) and radio luminosities in distant galaxies, a lynchpin of modern astronomy. We use data from the Balloon-borne Large Aperture Submillimetre Telescope (BLAST), ...
Mid-infrared spectroscopy of candidate AGN-dominated submillimeter galaxies
Spitzer spectroscopy has revealed that ~80% of submm galaxies (SMGs) are starburst (SB) dominated in the mid-infrared. Here we focus on the remaining ~20% that show signs of harboring powerful active galactic nuclei (AGN). ...